Teething; it’s so horrible for our little ones and the back teeth are worse than anything that has come before. Amelia has been breaking four back teeth (two at the top and two at bottom) for a couple of weeks now and she’s been so miserable and clingy.
The back teeth seem to be harder for her to soothe as most of her teething toys are round and designed for her front teeth from when she was a baby, for a couple of days she chewed her fingers and tried to use the knot on her favourite comforter to reach the back but it wasn’t really doing the job for her.
I was so grateful when I received an email from GummeeUK asking if we would like to give their Molar Mallet a try; it’s a teether specifically designed for older babies and those nasty back teeth.
I think I might have snapped her hand off if we’d have been face to face and a couple of days later it arrived. It’s a funny looking thing, I’ll give you that but boy is it a great design.
The chewy mallet end has different textures to soothe gums and the shape of fits perfectly in the mouth to reach those back teeth. It almost reminds me of those little plastic bites they use at the dentist when you have an x-ray.
We’ve been using it for a couple of weeks now so I thought I would share my thoughts on it:
What I like:
- it works, it’s reaches those back teeth perfectly and is the only teether she has that will give her proper relief on her molars.
- it’s a great shape with a large round base so that little hands can hold it; although Amelia would rather I hold it her for whilst she chews on it because apparently she’s a Princess.
- it’s weighted at the bottom; if you saw my video on Instagram you will have seen that even when dropped from a height it will always stand upright again. As a mum I love this because it means when Amelia drops it, or throws it, it won’t get too dirty on the floor and if she grabs it before I have a chance to wash it it’s not too much of a concern.
- it’s bright red so you can find it in among all her other toys.
What I don’t like:
- it would be nice to have a choice of colour
- Amelia has learnt that it will bounce back up when thrown and this is one of her favourite games at the moment; to throw it as hard as she can just to watch it sway and roll around. I think she has probably thrown it more than she has chewed it but as long as she happy right…
There’s really nothing I don’t like about this teether; I think it’s a great tool to help soothe sore gums when it feels like nothing else will do the job and there really isn’t much out there for the over 12 months when it comes to teething.
If you would like to get your own Molar Mallet, you can buy them directly from Gummee UK here.
I would just like to say that this is not a sponsored post, the item was gifted to me but I have not been paid for this review. This is my honest feedback after using the product for a couple of weeks.